My first post here on the website *gulp*. Haz, Rod and I have been talking, and due to recent events we've decided to update the Kin rules in order to keep Fire and Death a welcoming and fun place to be. Nothing major, don't worry, just reiterating what the guys have said before plus a few revisions which we've thought long and hard over. This time we're making it more visible so everyone is in the know.
With that, I hand over to my trusty other half, Haz! (and Roddy I guess. Hey Rod *waves*)
Thank you love! *Kiss kiss* So yes, first of all, general Kin rules:
When someone is recruited into Fire and Death, there is a waiting period of one week before they can be promoted to the rank of Kinsman, although there is no guarantee.
The reason being, we don't just want our members to be numbers in the Kin panel, I learned long ago that numbers do not win a battle (but they do help (Narnia reference)), but we want our members to be part of our Kin, to embody our three Values, to be talkative, friendly and fun, which is exactly what Fire and Death strives to be.
The week between joining and promotion gives us time to get to know Recruits, and if an Officer believes they have potential then they will be promoted to Kinsman. However, if they do not show potential (do not take participate, stay completely silent, etc.) then they will remain a Recruit as that is not what our Kin is about. Another reason for it is that only Kinsmen and above have access to the Kin Chest, therefore it prevents people from joining just to take advantage of that.
With that I hand this over to Roddy, take it away Rod.
These rules will act as the 5 golden rules for the Kin Chat:
1) No bullying. This may seem like an obvious rule, but we have had cases of people leaving the Kin because they felt victimized, made fun of, and nobody cared. It is tolerable, however, if the remarks are intended as a joke and are received as such, but taking it too far will result in punishment to be decided by the Leader and Co-Leaders.
2) No spamming. Spamming involves both sending repeated messages over and over, and long pointless paragraphs of pure crap to the annoyance of other players.
3) No excessive swearing. Exceptions to the rule are mild words such as damn, crap, bloody (if you're a Brit) etc. Stronger words such as the S word and the F word are permitted (we all do it don't we), but don't go overboard with it. As long as you don't use loads in every single sentence, you should be fine don't worry. However, please bare in mind that not only will younger kids obviously be playing, but we want people to have a good impression of us and not think of us as immature teenagers. Any language used aggressively towards another player is not tolerated. We don't want to upset or offend anyone.
4) No oppressive or offensive discussions or language. Racism, sexism, homophobia and the like will not be tolerated to any degree. Offensive words used to refer to a group of people (slurs) are obviously also not allowed (if you use a word you were not aware was offensive, please listen to those who ask you not to say it again. If you're unsure as to whether a word is offensive or not.....just don't risk it ;). Any use of this will result in immediate punishment and probably expulsion.
5) Regarding the excessive use of caps lock: it's pretty darn annoying when used for anything beyond a small sentence and for good reason. Bear that in mind folks.
If you have any questions or concerns about these rules, please ask them here in this topic so that others with similar questions can see.
[22:52] Bryluen: I HATE YOUUUUUUU!
[22:52] Haradmir: I HATE YOU!
[22:52] Bryluen: YOU'RE SO ANNOYING AND IMPOSSIBLE AND NORTHERN AND YOU HAVE TWO SWORDS WHICH IS STUPID
[22:53] Bryluen: AND A BEARD. UNDERNEATH LIES A GOOD LOOKING GUY BUT NOOOOOO
[22:54] Bryluen: 'ooh my name's haradmir, I'm going to put wings on my head and get drunk and abuse my son. occasionally I'll kill shit but let's face it, I'm too fabulous to do that full time’
"I DON'T WANT TO LOOK AT THE TOILET SEAT SENATOR FARSWAG"