View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tankusmaximus
Council Officer

re: Tanky's Quick Guide to Stats/Essences!

Hey everyone! Some people get quite understandably confused about essences so hopefully this helps! 

Staple Essences:

These are the essences every class needs! They include critical rating and mitigations!

• Critical Defence: You're going to want about 10k of this stuff, that would give you 50% critical defence, meaning you take less damage from being critically hit!
  • Physical/Tactical Mitigation: This makes you take less damage! The cap for Light Armour is 40% (13125 rating), for Medium Armour it's 50% (15321 rating) and for Heavy Armour it's 60% (17491 rating). If you are doing T2 Instances, the enemies attacks penetrate 7,000 of your mitigations so make sure to overcap!
  • Critical Rating: This increases your chance of a critical hit! The base cap is 25%, but this can be raised through traits! The cap for this is 17685 Critical Rating, you will not need anymore than this!
  • Finesse Rating: *This stat is useless for Healers!* Finesse increases the chance of your attacks hitting! 20-30% Finesse is very good! The rating for 20% is 10413 and the rating for 30% is 17850, I like to go somewhere in the middle!
  • Morale: This one is nice and simple! Take as much as you feel you need! For T1 instances and landscape quests, I like a nice 20-23k morale! However for instances such as Pelennor/Osgiliath T2, 30-40k is probably needed. Use Morale essences for Morale! Vitality is useless!

Class Specific Essences:

Once you've sorted out you're staple essences, you're almost good to go!

With your remaining slots you want to maximise your damage/healing! These slots are very class specific so I'll list them here!

Champion, Guardian, Beorning and Captain: Might Essences! Supreme level 105 Might gives a nice amount of Might/Physical Mastery which is perfect for optimising Damage/Healing! They also increase Block Rating and Parry Rating!

Minstrel, Runekeeper and Lore Master: Will Essences! Supreme level 105 Will gives a nice amount of Will/Tactical Mastery which is perfect for optimising Damage/Healing! They also increase Resistance Rating!

Warden, Hunter and Burglar: Agility Essences! Supreme level 105 Agility gives a nice amount of Agility/Physical Mastery which is perfect for optimising Damage! They also increase Evade Rating, Parry Rating and even Critical Rating!

Hope some people find this of use! Any more questions and you know where to find me! :)

-Tank :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fire and Death Forum Index -> Guides All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: